Pro Power HVC Coil
MSD IGNITION | Part# MSD-8251
Call for availability (Special order item)
Pro Power HVC E-CORE Ignition Coil, 45000 Volt, Use With 7 - 8 - 10 Ignitions Only, Perfect For Long Duration Use.
Coils have always had to compromise voltage output against current output. More voltage increases the initial ionization of the spark plug gap, but lowers the amount of current, or heat, that follows across the plug gap. When a coil is designed to produce more current, the voltage output generally suffers which taxes the ease of ionizing the gap. The MSD HVC Coils are designed to produce maximum voltage and energy! To accomplish this combination of high voltage and current MSD uses an E-core winding design. This is a very efficient design where less loss occurs during the transfer of electricity due to the closed core of the coil. Another benefit is that the coils run extremely cool, even at high racing rpm, thanks to the efficient design and huge laminations.
- Designed for racing applications with an MSD 7 Series Ignition Control
- Efficient E-core winding design produces more voltage and current
- 85:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
- Windings are encased in red epoxy and secured with extruded brackets
- Spark plug style terminal and threaded brass primary studs
- Supplied with rubber shock mounts
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
· Ignition & Electrical » Ignition Coils & Accessories