Distributor Gear Iron .531in BBF 429 460
MSD IGNITION | Part# MSD-85812
34 in stock
Distributor Gear, Iron, Ford 351c, 351M-400, 429-460, .531 I.d. - Gear Is Ductile Iron, Micro Polished And Melonite QPQ Coated For Reduced Wear, Friction And Initial BREAK-IN
A distributor’s performance is only as good as its drive gear. MSD Ignition has put a great deal of effort into researching and testing a variety of metallurgical compositions, heat treating and coatings to provide you with a durable, accurate and strong distributor gear. MSD engineers have built test fixtures and spent hundreds of hours testing and evaluating the metallurgy of our gears. The result is a special iron alloy gear that is treated to a low-friction coating process. To you this means long life, an easy break-in period and reliable performance!
- Increased outer hardened layer thickness (RC 55-60).
- Micro polished surface for smooth contact.
- Proprietary formulated ductile iron.
- Melonite QPQ coated reduces friction and initial wear.
- Interstitial carbide concentration improves wear resistance and
· Ignition & Electrical » Distributor Accessories